I am Associate Professor of Economics (chargé de recherche) at the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and a member of of the Grenoble Informatics Laboratory (LIG).
My research is on the analysis and design of markets, learning, the economics of identity and discrimination, and health policy. My work has contributed to policy and I have advised several countries and the European Union. Coverage of my work can be found in The New York Times, TIME, Financial Times, Nature, Le Monde, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, etc.
I hold a DPhil in Mathematics from the University of Oxford.
Grenoble will be hosting the 2023 Alpine Game Theory Symposium, from June 26 to June 30. With 40 plenary talks on all aspects of game theory (mathematical, economic, algorithmic, etc.), it will be a great opportunity to track some of the most recent advances in game theory and related fields — participation is free!
- New: Markets and Transaction Costs with Simon Jantschgi, Heinrich H. Nax, and Marek Pycia, EC’22
- New: On Market Prices in Double Auctions with Simon Jantschgi, Heinrich H. Nax, and Marek Pycia
- Quick or cheap? Breaking points in dynamic markets with Panayotis Mertikopoulos and Heinrich H. Nax, EC’20
- Competitive Market Behavior: Convergence and Asymmetry in the Experimental Double Auction with Barbara Ikica, Simon Jantschgi, Heinrich H. Nax and Diego Nunez Duran, International Economic Review (2023).
Economics of identity & discrimination
Column: Intersectional affirmative action with Jean-Paul Carvalho and Cole Williams, VoxEU
- New: Affirmative action with multidimensional identities with Jean-Paul Carvalho and Cole Williams
- New: Statistical discrimination in stable matching with Rémi Castera and Patrick Loiseau, EC ’22
- The Representation Dynamic and the ‘Normalization’ of Group Differences with Jean-Paul Carvalho, revise and resubmit Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization
- Identity and Underrepresentation: Interactions between Race and Gender with Jean-Paul Carvalho, Journal of Public Economics (2022)
- New: A multinational Delphi consensus to end the COVID-19 public health threat with Jeffrey V. Lazarus, Diana Romero, Christoper J. Kopka, et al., Nature (2022)
- New: The effect of COVID certificates on vaccine uptake, health outcomes, and the economy with Miquel Oliu-Barton, Nicolas Woloszko, Lionel Guetta-Jeanrenaud, Philippe Aghion, Patrick Artus, Arnaud Fontanet, Philippe Martin, and Guntram Wolff, Nature Communications (2022)
- Green zoning: an effective policy tool to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic with Miquel Oliu-Barton, Health Policy (2021)